Monday, November 18, 2013

The Nectar of the Soul


I figured I'd better write something uplifting for a change- or at least something that doesn't involve me swearing and carrying on about how hard my life is.

It's starting to dawn on me that sleep is very important. I've lived the majority of my life utilizing very little of it. I'm a night owl and I stay up very late and then get up early for school and such.

The other day I woke up from a much-needed nap and realized how refreshed I felt. no longer was my mind racing with thoughts of depression, anxiety, what-ifs, and the other constant calculations its so prone to do. Instead, I was at peace. I felt good about where I was in life and what I was accomplishing. I have been spinning a bit lately, but sleep has calmed me. It has pulled me out of the spiral. I'm sure you're probably thinking "duh, of course sleep is good for you". I don't know why I didn't see it. I have a bit of a god complex and I sometimes think that the simple laws of nature (humans needing sleep) don't apply to me. I guess they do- I'm just as human as the next guy. It's getting late, I'd better go to bed soon. :-)

By the way, that guy in the picture is totally me. Sleep has enhanced my appearance greatly.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think that sleep will keep you out of the spiral for long though. Don't you think that a more permanent solution would be nice? You can't always just say, "I'm feeling depressed, its time for a nap!" That simply isn't logical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have i inspired you? :)

    yesterday i slept for 13 hours, too.

    -seth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is illogical, sister. And sleep is good. :-)

    Yes, Seth, you have been very encouraging and inspiring to me. You're a pure soul, unscathed by the filth and lies that permeate so much of this world. I love you homie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay cool i'm glad to encourage and inspire - you do the same to me :) i think we are similar in our experiences with evils and lies and such - i may appear to be unaware of them or at peace with them, but this may only be because of a perception and acceptance of them. i'm not sure if i am thinking of what you mean, though. peace :)

      Delete