Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Keep Coming Back

It amazes me how things occur and recur in life. It amazes me how I fall in and out of friendships without remembering how they began or even ended in some cases. There is definitely something sad about the passage of time. We often become depressed when we realize our own mortality and the things that used to be. And yet those things are beautiful as well. If nothing ever died or faded away there would be no importance to our existence. It's true that we often take for granted the most inherent parts of our lives. The resolute roofs over our heads, filling food that keeps us from hunger, the beauty of the sun and its reflective counterpart the moon. When we realize that all is temporary, we are forced to appreciate the beauty of life. Happiness is just a moment. There are great highs and great lows. Ecstasy and anguish. Success and failure. Without the thorns the roses would never seem so fragrant.

It's true that I always try to live in the moment, but sometimes I catch myself basking in nostalgia and I can't help but smile. It's amazing how things are turning out. It's amazing how far I've come. I've had bad times to go along with the good times, but regardless of what happens to me, I know that the good times are going to keep coming back- and I'm excited for what the future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment